Today in Phishtory: 2.27.93 Florida


I almost went to the 2.27.93 show. I was in Atlanta at the time attending college. Gainesville, FL was within driving distance, but for some reason, I could not make the journey. I wish I went... because it was a hot show.
2.27.93 Florida Theatre, Gainesville, FL

Set I: Golgi Apparatus, Rift, Guelah Papyrus, Maze, Bouncin', It's Ice, Sparkle, Punch You in the Eye, Lawn Boy, Run Like An Antelope

Set II: The Curtain, Stash, Poor Heart, Sample in a Jar, Big Ball Jam, Ya Mar, Mike's Song > I am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, HYHU > Terrapin, Fee, Llama

Encore: Sleeping Monkey, Amazing Grace, Rocky Top
Listen/Download 2.27.93 here courtesy of Phishsows.com. Please note that the last two songs of the encore are missing.

Comments

JT Norris said…
This was one of the first tapes I owned, and of all songs, It's Ice sticks out in my mind. When it kicks back in after Page's break, the 2-3 notes he hits on the organ through the Leslie are just perfect. Thanks for highlighting this show. I'm going to d/l it now.

Popular Posts