Cake Wakarusa 2008 Download


I have been fortunate to see a lot of music in 2008. Some of it I knew was going to blow me away, but most I had a good time but may forget about it a few months from now.

Cake at Wakarusa 2008 was the 1 show this year that I walked in with zero expectations and was completely blown away. I had a great time at this show and it is definitely one of my top 10 shows in 2008.

Of course I have heard Cake on the radio. I even owned a copy of Fashion Nugget in 1995 and sang along with The Distance. But when we walked over to the late night tent to see Cake a few weeks ago I did not know what a great live band they are.

This show has funky beats, sing alongs, an amazing cover (War Pigs) and some hilarious stage banter. See if you can pick up on the soda can red, white, and blue references in a couple of songs...

Cake 6/6/2008
Wakarusa Festival - Revival Tent
Lawrence, KS
Taped By Brian Price brian@liverecording.org

01 Intro
02 Ruby Sees All
03 Stickshifts and Safetybelts
04 Comfort Eagle
05 War Pigs
06 Guitar
07 Arco Arena
08 Jolene
09 Pentagram
10 Frank Sinatra
11 Rock'n'Roll Lifestyle
12 Wheels
13 Love You Madly
14 Sheep Go To Heaven
15 Never There
16 Short Skirt/Long Jacket
17 Tree Giveaway
18 Italian Leather Sofa

Download Cake Wakarusa 2008 mp3

Comments

Popular Posts