Today in Phishtory: Asheville, NC 6/9/2009

Man, seven years flew by.

The Asheville Civic Center show on 6/9/2009 was one of my favorites from 2009. It was the sixth or so show I caught since they returned to the Mothership in Hampton. I felt they finally shook off that initial rust and was finally getting their sea legs. The second set in Camden was pretty raging (insane Sand opener), but the whole Asheville show resonated with me. It's one of the few 2009 shows I listen to today (up there with Albany show with Seven Below > Ghost), probably because of Trey shedding light on how some songs were written from Fishman's journal like Tube, Dogfaced Boy and Lengthwise.

Read my quickie recap of that show (that I wrote at Waffle House)... Southern Fried Phish.

Thanks to Disco Sis for sending me the video of the entire Asheville show...




And here's the setlist...
6.9.09 Phish, Asheville Civic Center, Asheville, NC

Set 1: KDF, MOMA, Sample in a Jar, Stash, Dog Faced Boy, Gumbo, Tube, Lengthwise, Divided Sky, When the Cactus is in Bloom**, Bold As Love

Set 2: Backwards > Ghost > Fast Enough for You, Halley's > Maze, Alaska**, Theme, Golgi, Possum

Encore: Loving Cup

** FTP

Comments

Popular Posts